- PhD, Oxford, Technology, Education and Organisational Politics, 2008-12
- MA, Manchester, Technology, Education and Professional Development, 2007-8
- BA, Teachers’ Colleges in Saudi Arabia, Maths Education, 2002-5
- Associate Professor, King Faisal University, 2017-present
- Assistant Professor, King Faisal University, 2012-2017
- Lecturer, King Faisal University, 2009-12
- Teaching Assistant, King Faisal University, 2005-9
- Maths Teacher, The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, 2005
- Consultant for the Deanship of Research, King Faisal University, 2015-now
- Member of Common Room, Wolfson College, Oxford, 2015-now
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee, King Faisal University, 2015-now
- Head of Department, King Faisal University, 2013-5
- Mediator, Partnership between King Faisal University and Ohio University, 2013-5
- Representative of Wolfson College, University of Manchester, 2012.
- Consultant for Oxford Strategic Consulting, 2011.
- Representative, Department of Education, University of Manchester, 2007-2008.
- Common Room Member, Wolfson College, Oxford, 2015-present.
- Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Contemporary Educational Technology, 2017-present.
Those Whom Al Lily Employed as his Research Assistants
- Alma Sarai Piña Martínez (Mexico), 2016
- Alexis Michelle Garcia (America), 2016
- Anastasia Zuchowski (Germany), 2015